Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Operation Nanny.. failed

So things didn't work out the way I envisioned. Got 12 responses on CraigsList. 2 people sounded pretty normal and qualified. Lil phone interview, met at talked over some Chick-Fil-A nuggets with boys and hired to start a few days later. Worked one day, things went great.

Texted me this weekend and told me she took a full time job with a company and she couldn't come back. Well, there ya go. So back to drawing board. Repost on CraigsList and got 6 responses. 3 idiots responded to the last ad and I didn't respond then... freakin crazies. 1 was an ad for a babysitting service and the other was a scam from France somewhere. So I spoke with the one normal one and emailed 5 times today, we'll see how it goes.

As a side note, it was weird getting the boys cleaned up and dressed to go on a sales call with me this morning. I mean what do 4 and 5 year olds wear on a sales call in 2012. We went corduroys and Polo t shirts... I think it worked. Turns out after all that ( getting cleaned up, dressing all of us, me getting work stuff together, getting in car, driving downtown) my customer rescheduled as we were pulling in her parking lot. Oh well, just another experience I guess and at least the boys were ready for school early.

What will the rest of the week have in store....

1 comment:

  1. Not only that, they were the sharpest dressed boys at school that day!

    ReplyDelete