Wednesday, February 22, 2012

They make me more proud everyday...

I didn't really hear "I'm proud of you" growing up, especially from my Dad. My boys hear it so often JC makes fun of me and says "no dad, I'm proud of you more". I want them to know constantly, no matter how small the feat that I love them and that I am proud of everything they accomplish.
As in every situation and family, I have two very different unique boys to deal with daily. JC is a fiery 5 year old that's never met a stranger. They call him the Mayor in pre-school. He runs the class, helps the other kids and never shuts his mouth. He is a great brother, always looks out for a lil man and keeps me laughing because he has jokes for days. I'm proud of JC tonight because he didn't want to take a bath.... said big boys take showers. I've been swimming and got less wet than I did helping him get a shower tonight. But we did add loofah and body wash to his vocabulary. Good times. proud of you and I love you JC.
Jack on the other hand is my lil angel. He has been diagnosed with Autism for a couple years now. He has been receiving speech, occupational and Autism therapy since he was 2 and has made huge strides, especially the last 4 months. Jack doesn't speak much so we communicate mostly by touch or him showing me what he wants or needs. He has as sweet as an angel, smile lights up in the room and I nearly have to pry him away from his teachers at school. They just can't get enough of loving on some Jackson. In the last week I have received two firsts; an open arm hug and he told me Good Night. I know these are little things, but not for me and not for my lil homie. Proud of you and love you Jack.
I am a proud daddy. I can't talk to people about Jack without getting a tear in my eye. I am so proud of his progress, how hard he works everyday and what a sweet baby boy he is. I am so excited about the things to come and all that his life has in store for him.
If JC becomes anymore of a spitting image of me... hang on world. He doesn't let me out of his sight and I see myself in him more everyday. He always keeps me on my toes and always know just what to say or do to make everything right in my world.
I love you boys, thanks for being so different and yet exactly the same.

1 comment:

  1. How old are your boys? Jack's progress sounds really amazing - I work with mentally and physically handicapped adults in various degrees, and it's so fantastic how they can make progress if you just really give them attention and, like your post is about, tell them they're doing the right thing and you're proud of them.

    ReplyDelete